QNET's engineers write Pressure Equipment Advisory Technical File in compliance with 97/23/EC Directive|
The European Directive 97/23/EC on Pressure Equipment covers equipment having a pressure PS greater than 0.5 bar.
The Pressure Equipment Advisory Technical File is written from the following documentation supplied by the manufacturer
- A general description of the pressure equipment.
- Whether the calculation or experimental design method has been adopted.
- A copy of the main design code being adopted to demonstrate conformity using the calculation or experimental design approach.
- Conceptual design and manufacturing drawings and diagrams of components and sub-assemblies.
- Details of European approved materials used and materials data sheets.
- A copy of the main welding code used to define weld strength and welding procedures.
- Installation, operations and maintenance manuals.
- Manufacturing procedures.
- Hydraulic and non-destructive test methods.
QNET will review the documentation and advise the client if the equipment is subject to Module A only or if additional modules apply that require conformity assessment by a Notified Body.
The CE Marking services provided by QNET will:
- Identify the EN Standards applicable to pressure equipment.
- Develop a checklist of the essential safety requirements that apply to the equipment.
- Perform a hazard analysis of the equipment to identify those which apply to this equipment on account of pressure.
- Study the equipment documentation and comment on how compliance has been or may be achieved.
- Identify simple engineering solutions where possible in case of required engineering changes.
- Prepare a template Declaration of Conformity for use by the client listing the Directives and European Standards that have been used for compliance.
Caution:Once the Advisory Technical File has been converted into a final Technical File it is very similar to a Design Guide and is a valuable document that must held in the strictest confidence. Only a European Government Regulatory body has the authority to request and receive a copy of your complete Technical File.
Don't forget an Authorized Representative is needed for U.S. manufacturers exporting pressure equipment to Europe. QNET can assist as your EU Authorized Representative.
Contact us for more information and assistance in preparing your technical file